ACM-HK chapter has around 500 members. In addition, there are around 110 ACM-HK professional members, among which 100 are from industry and around 10 to 15 from academic.
Registration with ACM-HK
Application of professional membership (who are qualified for voting) requires:
- proof of membership of ACM/US
- a recognized degree cert
- proof of working experience (with dates ≥2yrs) in IT field (not admin posts)
Meanwhile application on non-professional membership type (associate / student) does not require degree cert.
Points to note:
- All ACM members residing in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Macau can register as ACM-HK members.
- Professional membership applicants must have at least two years of IT related working experience.
- Professional membership will expire on 31 December. Members are required to renew their memberships every year.
- Only professional members and voting members have the right to vote in the Annual General Meeting of the chapter. Professional members must pay the local chapter dues otherwise their voting rights in this Chapter will be forfeited.
- Please download the application form and return the form along with the supporting documents and the membership fee cheque payable to The Hong Kong Chapter of ACM to: Dr. Kenneth Lee, Department of Computer Science, City University of Kong Hong, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon Hong Kong E-mail: email@example.com.
- Personal Information Collection (PIC) Statement: The information collected from you will be used only for the purpose(s) of processing your request. Our organization will not disclose this information to any other party in a form that would identify you. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please send an e-mail message to our membership chairman.
- Due to privacy reasons, by default ACM/HK would NOT forward supporting documents (certs, working experience) to REO (Registration and Electoral Office) unless explicitly instructed by the applicants or requested by law enforcement agencies. If members were approached by REO for voting issues, please liaise with REO and provided the needed material if necessary.